Russian Media: Bulgaria's Topalov Under Investigation
Framed Silvio Danailov has already denied the reports saying it was all speculations.
Russian Gazeta, however, reported that there was a video of Danailov openly giving signs to Topalov, and that it could be used as evidence in the investigation. "I saw a tall man in the audience who acted weirdly," the man who taped the "evidence" said. He claims this man was Danailov.
"He went in and out of the room and used his cell phone. Then he would go into one of the corners where Topalov could see him and caugh. He also seemed to make signs with different items. The signals were simply obvious," the man added.
"I don't remember making any signs," Danailov commented. "People just can't bear the fact that Vesko is number 1."
Pavel Tregubov, head of the Russian association commented that this has all been blown too much. "Since computers came out on the market everyone is doubting the players, even in children's tournaments. Now this problem is becoming alarmingly big and it is time for us to team up with FIDE and start working towards resolving it.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Nadal in Monte Karlo
- » Buglarian Tennis Star Grigor Dimitrov Continues His Winning Streak in Monte Carlo
- » North Korea Will Skip Tokyo Olympics over Covid-19 Concerns
- » North Macedonia Scores Stunning Win over Germany in World Cup Qualifying
- » Three Gold Medals for Boryana Kalein at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Lost 0:2 to Italy in Second Consecutive WC Qualification in Sofia