Low-Paid Nurses in Sofia Emergency Hospital Go on Strike
The nurses from the central operating theatre were joined in their protest by their colleagues from other wards of the hospital as well as their assistants. They refused to enter the theatres, causing a total of eighteen scheduled surgeries to be cancelled.
The protestors assured that they would not boycott emergency cases.
The medical staff, whose average pay is about BGN 250, demand that their salaries rise and include at least 40% from the money, allotted by the health care fund for the so-called clinical paths. The nurses also demand the special statute of the institute is restored.
The striking medics insist on Health Minister Radoslav Gaidarski joining the initiative.
The protest is one more way of expressing dissatisfaction with the aggravating condition of the health care system in Bulgaria and an attempt at pushing for changes in health laws.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » BSP Leader: President Radev's Caretaker Cabinet wanted to Give Weapons to Ukraine, I Stopped the Deal
- » Bulgaria: 66.74% of Vazrazhdane’s Votes in Parliament are in Unison with those of GERB
- » Bulgaria: The President will Not Talk to "We Continue the Change" and BSP for a New Cabinet
- » Bulgaria: “We Continue the Change” will Start Negotiations for a New Cabinet
- » "Democratic Bulgaria" at the Presidential Consultations: It is Important to form a Cabinet with the First Term
- » “There Is Such a People” at the Presidential Consultations: We Ask you to Declassify the January Talks for North Macedonia