Bulgaria Sends New Unit to Iraq
"The troops are already preparing for their mission in Iraq," Minister Vesselin Bliznakov said during his visit in Plovdiv.
Bulgaria will send the new guarding unit after the current mission comes to an end on 31 March 2007.
Bulgaria's non-combat unit is 154-strong and guards the Ashraf refugee camp, located 60 km north of Baghdad.
At the end of December the United States sent an invitation for extending the term of the mission from the end of March 2007 till the end of the year.
Bulgaria's government and parliament are expected to discuss and adopt a resolution to this effect.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Election Campaign Started Today
- » The European Commission Received the Recovery Plan from Bulgaria. What's Next?
- » The Election Campaign for the November 14th Parliamentary and Presidential Elections has Begun
- » CEC Demonstrated how Bulgarians will Vote in the November 2 in 1 Elections
- » CEC Confirmed the Decision of REC-Stara Zagora to Refuse to Register Democratic Bulgaria
- » Anti-Smuggling Action Unleashed Clashes in Northern Kosovo