Bulgaria Sends New Unit to Iraq
"The troops are already preparing for their mission in Iraq," Minister Vesselin Bliznakov said during his visit in Plovdiv.
Bulgaria will send the new guarding unit after the current mission comes to an end on 31 March 2007.
Bulgaria's non-combat unit is 154-strong and guards the Ashraf refugee camp, located 60 km north of Baghdad.
At the end of December the United States sent an invitation for extending the term of the mission from the end of March 2007 till the end of the year.
Bulgaria's government and parliament are expected to discuss and adopt a resolution to this effect.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejects Another Legislative Veto by President
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Keep Over 300,000 Jobs Until September 30 with the Measure 60/40
- » Bulgaria's Health Minister Ananiev with Four New Orders for the Emergency Epidemic Situation
- » Official: EU Opens Borders to 14 Third Countries
- » Government of India Bans 59 Mobile Apps
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov, Health Minister and NOH Discussed the Distribution of COVID-19 in Bulgaria