Prosecution Targets Bulgarian MP's Wife over Doping Scandal
The wife of Bulgarian socialist MP Oleg Popov has been selling forbidden drugs to a number of Bulgarian sports doctors, a report revealed.
Evelina Popova was busted by undercover Nova TV reporters, as she sold them drugs that are not allowed in Bulgaria. The report claims that her husband smuggled some of the substances in the country abusing his diplomatic immunity.
Popov denied any involvement with his wife's business and said for Darik News that the whole thing was a set-up.
Evelina Popova heads a nutritional supplements company in Bulgaria, branch of P-M International
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison