EU, NATO Decry Libyan Death Sentence on Bulgarian Nurses
EU spokesman Johannes Laitenberger did not rule out a decision on EU action against Libya.
The European Commission is shocked by this verdict and condemns it, Laitenberger told reporters. "The EU simply cannot accept this verdict."
Relations between Libya and the EU have been strained over a trial of six foreign medics.
Both Washington and the EU have repeatedly called to Libya to release the defendants in the lingering AIDS trial, saying they are innocent.
Bulgaria is due to join the European Union on January 1, 2007.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The US to Bulgaria and North Macedonia: Quickly Solve your Problems and Reduce Tension
- » WCC and DB accuse the other parties of a Conspiracy against the Admission of Bulgaria to the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria’s Ecominister: We are Not Prepared with an Alternative to Coal Plants
- » Lorer: The Union between "We Continue the Change" and "Democratic Bulgaria" will bring New Hope to Bulgaria
- » North Macedonia Promised to Not Allow Incidents during the Celebration of Gotse Delchev, Bulgaria with Measures against Provocateurs
- » Former PM Petkov: We are Starting the Great Unification of Democratic Communities