Vatican Considers Allowing Condoms to Fight AIDS
Politics | November 23, 2006, Thursday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
The Catholic Church may be on the brink of making a historic turn in policy with the Vatican bracing to change its policy on condoms, reports say. The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith is now mulling a 200-page study ordered by the Pope on using condoms to fight the modern-day plague of AIDS. Cardinal Javier Lozano Barragan, the head of the Pontifical Council for Health Pastoral Care that prepared the report said that Pope Benedict XVI was alarmed by how fast the disease is spreading. AIDS has killed a total of 2.9 million people this year alone, and some 4.3 million more have been infected. Should the Vatican decide to allow the use of condoms, they will only pardon their use by married couples, in the cases when one of the two is either HIV positive or is addicted to drugs.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » EUR 28,000 Were Seized From the Hand Baggage of a Passenger on Sofia Airport
- » EUR 1.415 billion is Planned For the Development of Innovation
- » GERB has Announced that it will Restore the Preferential Vote
- » Chairman of GERB Tsvetan Tsvetanov is on a Working Visit with Kosovo Prime Minister
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva Will Discuss the Middle East Peace Process in Dublin
- » Traffic Police Operation For Control of Trucks and Buses Begins
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)