Stilian Petrov Quitting Bulgaria's Team "Because of Stoitchkov"
Despite the fact that Stoitchkov had commented earlier in the day that Stan would "be captain for as long as I coach the team," it seems that the star player apparently has strong issues with his methods.
Stilian Petrov, who has recently moved to Aston Villa, first said that he would announce the motives for his move at a press conference on Saturday, but seeing the media frenzy he caused issued a declaration earlier.
"This step may be unexpected for the Bulgarian football society but it is not emotional, it has been well planned," Petrov said. He wouldn't point out the exact issues that put him at odds with his coach believing that they should remain between the two "because I have always been straight in my relationships with people."
"A lot of events and doings that took place since Stoitchkov has taken the coaching position" led to this decision the player admits.
He then vowed he would be cheering for the team, along with his family, from the stadiums in Austria and Switzerland once the Euro 2008 starts.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How New Technologies Help Sport Fans Around the World
- » Bulgaria: Stadiums Open to the Public in Compliance with Strict Measures
- » Police Officers Took Grigor Dimitrov's Driver License in Monaco
- » Sport Events in Bulgaria Without Audience Until August 31
- » Alexandar Georgiev to Be Only Bulgarian-Born Player in Revised NHL Playoffs
- » Online Casinos: Top Reasons Why Casinos Are The Best In The UK