Water Leak Distracts Bulgaria's Chess King Topalov
Water gushed out all over the walls of Topalov's study and leaked to the floors below, reports said.
Emergency crews quickly were called in, but repair works may begin only after Topalov and his rival Kramnik start the second game in the 12-game match, scheduled for Sunday, 2 pm Bulgarian time.
Topalov, 31, the Bulgarian grandmaster who is the top-ranked player in the world, was defeated Saturday in the first game of the match against Vladimir Kramnik, a Russian grandmaster, who is ranked No. 4.
Topalov and Kramnik vie to be crowned the true and only world champion. They will also share the prize of USD1 M.
The two players inspire reminiscences of Kasparov and Karpov, who first started the schism in the chess world back in 1993.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Cup 2022: Riots in Belgium and the Netherlands after Morocco's Victory
- » World Cup 2022: Japan with a memorable Comeback - Stun Germany 2-1
- » World Cup 2022 sensation: Saudi Arabia defeated Argentina
- » Qatar 2022: Iran's Players refused to sing their National Anthem
- » The World is Football! World Cup 2022 in Qatar begins
- » Beer will be Banned from World Cup stadiums in Qatar