Discovery Films Ancient World's Sanctuary at Perperikon
The world-popular travel channel has sent its team for the first time in Bulgaria, intrigued by the yet not completely known world of ancient Thracians.
The team including a producer and a photographer is to tour all the sites related to the history and culture of Thracian tribes.
Besides Perperikon, located in the bosom of the Rhodopes mountain, Discovery's audience will see also Tatul, where the tomb of Orpheus is believed to be, and the Valley of Thracian Kings locating some of the most fabulous Thracian treasures.
"The world knows a lot about ancient Greeks and Romans, but few of achievements made by the Thracian civilisation have been displayed," a team member told state-run BTA news agency.
Discovery Channel will shoot a one-hour documentary dedicated to this little known page of history and will feature it first in the UK and the US.
Summer 2006 has marked even more enhanced archaeological work at Perperikon's excavations, near Kardzhali. In July they hit an amazing streak at the site unearthing a temple five times larger than Athens' Acropolis.
The team's leader Prof Nikolay Ovcharov has even voiced his belief Perperikon may even turn out to be the ancient world's famous Thracian city of Pergamon.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Health Minister: The Green Certificate for post-illness remains
- » Bulgarian PM: I guarantee that the schools will close last
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 4389 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Arriving in Bulgaria: Children aged 12 to 18 from Red Zone countries must present a PCR test
- » Highest mortality in the EU: 88% more deaths in November in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Doctor: There are many children infected with Omicron