Sleeping Teen Forgotten on Malta-Bulgaria Airplane
Seventeen-year-old Mariana must have been dreaming something nice, as she slept through the plane's landing in Sofia, didn't wake while new passengers were settling aboard and only opened her eyes when the plane was about to land back in Malta. She then had to pay for another ticket to travel back to her parents, who only got her suitcase the first time.
Authorities are at a loss when asked how an accident like this could have happened, BNT reports. Sofia Airport officials have no jurisdiction in the planes, so they can't perform checks there.
No one should fall asleep in a plane, officials from flag carrier Malta Airlines have told reporters, as this was the same as dozing off on a train - people could miss their stops. They offered no other explanation as to how the overlook had even been possible.
While some face the news with a smile, security officers are shocked when imagining what could have been left unnoticed in a plane after landing if a fully-grown person has managed to stay "below the radar".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ninova: Radev's Presidential Institution is Not Enough for Him, He wants Real Power
- » Petkov: European Leaders Congratulated us, Now it’s time for North Macedonia to Act
- » Bulgaria's Parliament Lifted the Veto over North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian MFA: We Expect the Albanian PM to Express Himself as a Politician from an EU Candidate Country
- » Kiril Petkov Admitted that Bulgaria is Sending Aid to Ukraine through Poland
- » Prominent “Vazrazhdane” MP Leaves the Party with Accusations against its Leader