Abandoned Ancient Chariots Found in Bulgaria
The artefacts were found meters away from a mount and archaeologists believe they date back to the II or III century AD, the Bulgarian national TV reported.
Marauders have most likely ripped off exquisite bronze ornaments from the wheels of the chariots, experts think.
The silver ornaments that were spared by the treasure-hunters are rarely seen on Thracian chariots. This made archaeologists think that the artefacts were probably used for special occasions.
All artefacts have been sent to the Stara Zagora history museum.
Police are certain that the relics were pilfered by treasure-hunters and they have already arrested three men who were carrying out archaeological digs without permission.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Traffickers Fly at 200 km/h – Our Police Cars can’t Catch them!
- » Greece detained Bulgarians for defrauding Elderly People for over 260,000 euros
- » Two Ukrainians were detained for Theft in Burgas, Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Armed Robbery of a Collection Car took place in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Man from a Sevlievo Village was Shot in front of his home