Bulgaria's Agriculture Minister Fears Romania's Bird Flu
Romania's bird flu hotbeds may present a problem for Bulgaria in the fall, as they are of the deadly to humans H5N1 strain, Kabil said for private Darik radio Saturday.
The Bulgaria-found bird flu is not of the strain that may kill humans, but the danger is far from gone, Kabil explained, as once migration period starts, Romania's outspread may become a threat.
Kabil also said that the pre-emptive halt of poultry export was good for Bulgaria as this would allow the country to resume export on its own terms, since it beat the EU to placing the embargo.
The minister also pointed out that he didn't fear a grain crisis as there is enough wheat in the country right now both for the local market and for export.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Italy's Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio: Don't Treat Italy like a Leper Colony
- » Trump's War Against Social Media
- » European Commission: EUR 9.218 Billions Grants for Bulgaria, Italy and Spain on Top of the Table
- » Doubts Remain over Readiness of Bulgaria, Croatia and Romania for Schengen
- » Bulgaria Lifts 14-Day Quarantine, It Remains for 8 Countries Only
- » Bulgaria's Deputy Minister of Environment and Water is Arrested