Zidane's Mother Wants Materazzi Castrated
Talking in a fury to British daily Mirror, Malika Zidane warned the Italian defender she wants his "b*lls chopped off" for igniting the ugly spat.
Algeria-born Malika claimed Zidane, 34, was simply protecting her honour when he butted Materazzi in Sunday's final.
She has expressed her utter disgust by what she had heard and praised her son for defending "the family's honour".
"No one should be subjected to such foul insults on or off the football pitch and I don't care if it was a World Cup Final," Malika Zidane was explicit.
"Our whole family is deeply saddened that Zinedine's career should end with a red card but at least he has his honour. Some things are bigger than football," the French skipper's mother added.
Materazzi last night admitted he insulted his French opponent but denied calling him a terrorist or abusing his family and Muslim religion.
FIFA has confirmed a probe would take place into the shocking scenes which marred Italy's triumph over France.
While visiting Tony Blair, Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika sent Zidane a letter of support. He described the player, born in Marseille after his parents emigrated from Algeria, as a "World Cup demi-god".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Beloslava Krasteva came close to the World Title in Chess
- » Bulgaria’s Beloslava Krasteva is Close to the World Chess Title
- » Bulgaria’s Beloslava Krasteva is Second in the Current Ranking of the World Chess Championship
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings