Bulgaria Brings to New Life 13th Century Frescoes
The Boyana church is more than 700 years old. The time has inflicted serious damage on the building itself as well as on its priceless frescoes.
The restoration process begun forty years ago but was interrupted in 1998 due to lack of financing. The management of the church is given now to the National Museum of History.
Bulgaria's Boyana Church, which is one of UNESCO's world heritages, needs BGN 150,000 for its renovation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 203 Infected, 334 Cured
- » Covid-19: Tests Are Going to Show if Indian Variant Can Beat Immunity after Vaccination
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 518 New Cases, Slight Increase of Fatalities
- » Reuters: Toshiba European Operations Suffer Ransomware Cyber Attack
- » Largest Bulgarian Emergency Hospital Reduces by 50% Its Covid-19 Beds
- » 2/3 of Bulgarians Unlikely to Vaccinate, Western Europeans More Willing to Get Jab than Citizens of Eastern EU Countries