Tourism Center to Rise among Ancient Perperikon Remains
The project is in its final stage and within 20 to 25 days it will be approved by the European Commission, architect Mincho Neychev, head of the Perperikon restoration project, revealed.
Preliminary data shows the project would be worth EUR 2.8M to 3 M that would be allotted under the PHARE programme.
The tourism center will be situated over an area of 1,300 sq.m. and will boast two ground floors. The main exhibition hall would be situated on the first floor. There would also be a conference hall. The entire ancient city would be presented through special holographic methods.
The Fortress of Perperikon is located 20 km north-east of the city of Kardzhali, south Bulgaria. The fortification, which was built in antiquity, had been continuously developed and reconstructed through the Middle Ages.
Latest excavations have confirmed the main version of archaeologists that Perperikon was largely worshipped sanctuary in Ancient times as the most important sanctuary of God Dionyssos.
In ancient Greek history the Perperikon sanctuary was as important as that of Apollo at Delphi.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Brain Business Jobs in Bulgaria Grow Strongly
- » Bulgaria is 43rd in the World in terms of Economic Freedom
- » Musk admits that “X” might become a Paid Platform
- » Bulgaria: Group of Men Brutally Beat a Boy with Clubs and Stakes in Harmanli
- » Bulgaria: The Airports in Burgas and Varna reported over 800,000 Passengers in August
- » Bulgaria expects Annual Inflation of around 8%