CEE Presidents See Ancient Thrace's Gold
Presidents of thirteen Central and Eastern European countries opened there discussions on the present and future of this region.
Five heads of state invited to the forum in the Black Sea's resort of Riviera, near Varna, did not make it to attend, but have sent congratulation addresses to the rest of participants.
This is the first time that almost all of the gold discovered in the land of ancient Thracians will be exhibited at one place. The treasures will remain in Varna's Archoelogical Museum for three months.
The summit, held for a thirteenth year, is organised by President Georgi Parvanov and an address to the high-profile guests was delivered also by Prime Minister Sergey Stanishev.
"These treasures are emanation of the pride not only of Bulgarians, but they are part of the whole European civilisation," the President said in his opening speech.
The heads of state of Croatia, Moldova, Albania, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, Macedonia, Slovakia, Austria, Romania, Ukraine, Poland, Italy, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Montenegro, Germany, Hungary and Lithuania were invited to the summit.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia has Summoned Bulgaria’s Ambassador due to the Expelled Priests
- » Bulgaria: The Russian Church in Sofia is Closing
- » Bulgaria: “Vazrazhdane” Supporters fought with Police and Attacked the Barricades in front of the Monument to the Soviet Army
- » Bulgaria stops importing Russian Crude Oil
- » UK: Five Bulgarians have been accused of Espionage in favor of Russia
- » Bulgaria expelled a senior Russian Cleric