Tottenham Signs Berbatov for EUR 16 M
The London football club announced that they reached a deal with Berbatov's previous squad, Bayer Leverkusen, and that personal terms with the player have also been agreed.
"There were a number of clubs interested in signing Dimitar, clubs from France, Spain and the Premiership. We are delighted he has chosen to join us," Tottenham's sporting director said.
Damien Comolli praised the new recruit as being a skilful and highly-talented striker.
"Tottenham is a club that is building something special. The squad has some terrific young players, an excellent manager and coaching staff and I am looking forward to playing my part," Berbatov commented.
The 25-year-old scored 21 goals in 34 matches for Bayer in the Bundesliga last season - the second highest goalscorer in the league.
Named Bulgarian Player of the Year in 2002, 2004 and 2005, Berbatov has scored 31 goals in 50 senior international appearances.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria
- » Four Betway bonuses that made this brand among the best in Bulgaria