NATO Summit Brings Hellish Traffic in Sofia
Central Sofia boulevards and downtown streets were blocked by traffic jams throughout the entire day. Although Sofia citizens were advised to avoid using their own vehicles and to use public transport, the streets were jammed thus causing much inconvenience for everyone in the capital.
Starting from April 25 till April 28, including, vehicles are prohibited to enter sections of Vitosha and Brussels, Tsar Osvoboditel, and Levski boulevards, as well as Fridtjof Nansen street.
More than 34 foreign delegations will arrive in Bulgaria for NATO informal Foreign Ministers meeting in Sofia. Bulgaria will also welcome Russia and Ukraine Foreign Ministers who will come for the NATO-Russia and NATO-Ukraine sessions.
Sofia beefed up security measures days ahead of the meeting.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: More Details from Laura Kovesi Press Conference
- » Bulgarian MEP Radan Kanev: Mobile Workers’ Rights Are Underprotected
- » Bulgaria and Czech Republic Probe into Arms Depots Blasts Together
- » New Procedure to Be Launched for Electing Six Bulgarian EU Delegated Prosecutors
- » NATO Leaders Gather in Brussels for Policy Making Summit on June 14
- » CITUB: Minimum Wage in Bulgaria to Become BGN 764 in 2022