Bulgaria Mulls Honey Production Improvement
The three-year-long program would include six criteria under which the country could apply for EU subsidizing. Currently beekeeping in Bulgaria is facing certain problems due to bad climate and low purchase prices abroad, Gancho Ganev, head of the Bulgarian association of beekeepers has pointed out. Producers in Bulgaria make only about 0.2 euro out of a kilogram honey, according to Ganev.
Bulgaria produces about 9,000 tons of honey per year, and about 80% of the produce is exported abroad.
Due to lack of regulations, however, some of the honey offered on the local market is not natural and it has fructose and glucose added, Ganev also revealed. This is one of the main issues that the association aims at overcoming with the adoption of a national improvement program.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Jeeps Will No Longer Be Available For Tourists and Off-Road Adventurers in The Area of the Seven Rila Lakes
- » Israel Lists Bulgaria Among "Green" Countries for Travel
- » Largest Seaside Resort in Bulgaria - Sunny Beach to Close the Season by September 10th
- » Ministry of Finance Offering Tax Relief for Home Renovation in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Economy Minister: New SME Grant of BGN 80 Million in September
- » Bulgaria's Prosecutor Office: The Port and Buildings within Dogan's Beachside Mansion in Rosenets Are Illegal