Doktora Buried amid Tight Private Security
Scores of private guards looked out for allowing only relatives and close friends to pay their last respect to late Todorov, who was brutally killed in Sofia a week ago.
Fifteen bullets have been pulled out of the head and body of Ivan Todorov.
The condition of Vassil Stoyanov, 37, a driver of Todorov, who was heavily wounded in the latest Sofia shootout, remains very serious.
Doktora was shot dead in downtown Sofia on February 22. The police also found about EUR 10,000 cash and six mobile phones while searching his Porsche Cayenne.
Ivan Todorov became a household name in Bulgaria after a failed attempt on his life in April 2003.
Todorov, 42, was the target of numerous police investigations, including goods smuggling and money laundry. His name appeared to be investigated as a mastermind of a large international network of cigarettes trafficking.
A day after the ostentatious killing the Sofia City Court placed Doychin Miryanov - former business associate of Todorov - under house arrest.
Alleged underworld bosses Krassimir and Nikolay Marinov, who were in jail at the time of the murder, have been questioned over the gang-like murder.
Despite pompous declarations by police and governmental officials that the fight against organised crime has taken on speed, the murder of Todorov stunned with its bold manner. It occurred amid police being all over the city last Wednesday due to the official visit of Turkish president.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister Warns Against Kremlin's Hybrid Threats in the Black Sea Region
- » Bulgarian Deputy Prime Minister: Lavrov Overflight Granted in Coordination with EU
- » Bulgaria and Turkey Collaborate to Strengthen Border Security
- » Finance Minister Accuses President Radev of Citing 'Fake News' on Budget Claims
- » Defense Minister to Ukrainian Servicemen: Bulgaria Supports President Zelensky’s Peace Formula
- » Russian FM Lavrov Granted Airspace Access by Bulgaria for OSCE Meeting