Bulgarians Still "Safe" from Avian Flu
Mira Kozhuharova says that the virus would be more dangerous in case of outbreaks among domestic poultry.
The highly pathogenic bird flu strain H5N1 was confirmed in a Bulgaria-found swan on Saturday. That was the country's first confirmed case of the virus that could be lethal to humans.
Kozhuharova, as cited by the bTV television channel, advised farmers to keep poultry indoors in order to prevent possible contamination.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Revenue Agency Supported 2,223 Local Companies
- » Pandemic Blurs Differences between Regions in Bulgaria
- » 60% of hotels in Bulgaria Report a Decrease in Revenue in December
- » Bulgarian Restaurateurs Stage Protest against Lockdown in Sofia Today
- » EU Threatens to Cut Export of Vaccines amid row with AstraZeneca on Shortage of Supplies
- » Norway Further Tightens Entry Restrictions: PCR Tests Taken 24 Hours Before Departure Becomes Mandatory