Spanish Royal Highnesses Open Cervantes Institute in Sofia
The ceremony was also attended by President Georgi Parvanov and his wife.
Prince Felipe is scheduled to confer with Prime Minister Sergey Stanishev and lay a wreath at the Monument to the Unknown Warrior.
Spain's Crown Prince Felipe and his wife Princess Letizia arrived on a two-day visit to Bulgaria on Thursday. This is the couple's first trip abroad after the birth of their daughter Leonor, who is less than four months old.
The main objective of the Cervantes Institute operations in Sofia will be the dissemination and promotion of the Spanish language and culture. The building of the institute is located at Saborna Street 1, which previously housed the diplomatic mission of the United States to the Bulgarian capital.
The network of the institute includes 56 towns in 37 countries around the world, initiating nearly 4000 cultural events each year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Expels 70 Russian Diplomats
- » BSP Leader: President Radev's Caretaker Cabinet wanted to Give Weapons to Ukraine, I Stopped the Deal
- » Bulgaria: 66.74% of Vazrazhdane’s Votes in Parliament are in Unison with those of GERB
- » Bulgaria: The President will Not Talk to "We Continue the Change" and BSP for a New Cabinet
- » Bulgaria: “We Continue the Change” will Start Negotiations for a New Cabinet
- » "Democratic Bulgaria" at the Presidential Consultations: It is Important to form a Cabinet with the First Term