Scientist: Jan 23 Unhappiest Day of The Year
Cliff Arnall has made the calculation after coming up with a special formula of personal and seasonal factors.
The variables are weather, debt or monthly salary, time since Christmas, time since failure to quit a bad habit, low motivational levels and the need to take action.
On January 23 people face bad weather and holiday debts, and in the meantime don't have a lot of events or parties to anticipate.
His formula is said to be valid for the UK and most of the United States.
But Arnall, who is a health psychiatrist at the University of Cardiff, Wales, says there are ways to beat the blues.
He advised people to take walks, exercise, do something unusual and stay around people they like.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Education Minister: 15 Schools in Bulgaria Are Entirely on Remote Learning
- » LIVE: Bulgaria Reported A Record Morbidity of COVID-19, 50 Per Cent Increase in Deaths
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cool and Rainy, Code Yellow in Five Districts
- » COVID-19: Bulgarian Health Minister in Self-isolation
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Another Day with Anti-Record Numbers - 2760 Daily Cases
- » COVID-19: Germany Shuts Down Restaurants, Cinemas, No Fans at Sport Events