Bulgarian Pironkova Kicks Venus Williams Out of Australian Open
Williams, seeded 10th, fell 2-6, 6-0, 9- 7 to Pironkova, appearing in her first Grand Slam tennis tournament and ranked 94th.
The 25-year-old Williams, playing her first match since September, hadn't lost in the first round of a Grand Slam since the 2001 French Open. Pironkova has won USD 69,095 in career prize money to Williams's USD16 M, Bloomberg reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » On August 13th in Bourgas Started the Prestigios International Sailing Regatta "Cor Carolli 2020"
- » How New Technologies Help Sport Fans Around the World
- » Bulgaria: Stadiums Open to the Public in Compliance with Strict Measures
- » Police Officers Took Grigor Dimitrov's Driver License in Monaco
- » Sport Events in Bulgaria Without Audience Until August 31
- » Alexandar Georgiev to Be Only Bulgarian-Born Player in Revised NHL Playoffs