Bulgarian Nurses in Libya Plea to French FM: Don't Forget Us
The visit is part of the country's efforts to plead for the release of the five Bulgarian nurses and a Palestinian doctor, sentenced to death.
One of the Bulgarian nurses used the chance to make a plea "Don't forget us", AFP reported. We know we are victims of a political game but we are exhausted, one of the nurses was cited as saying during the visit.
The Thursday visit was attended by four of the five Bulgarians, as the fifth one is sick. Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry could not say who of the nurses was ill. We are innocents just like the infected children. We are also victims, the Palestinian doctor also said during the visit.
Minister Douste-Blazy has stated he will update his hosts in Tripoli on France's contribution to an EU action plan for humanitarian support to the HIV-positive children in Benghazi, Libya. He will also inform them on specific French initiatives for humanitarian and medical aid to Libya.
A day earlier the families of HIV-infected children reportedly estimated their humanitarian claims to Bulgaria and the EU at USD 2.7 B. The same amount of money Tripoli was to pay as compensation to the families of Lockerbie victims, Libya Today newspaper reminded.
The Libyan Supreme Court in Tripoli has ruled on a re-trial for the five Bulgarian nurses and the Palestinian doctor, who were sentenced to death for infecting over 400 Libyan children with the HIV virus, thus removing the immediate threat of execution.
READ MORE in For the Record Section
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Dutch PM Did Not Visit His Dying Mother to Obey Lockdown Restrictions
- » Did Dominic Cummings Break the Law and The Lockdown Rules?
- » Spain with Restriction for Brits this Summer?
- » Hong Kong: Police Uses Tear Gas Against Anti-Government Protesters
- » Estonia, Hungary and the Czech Republic Oppose the Fight Against Money Laundering in EU
- » EC: Bulgaria is the Only Country that Meets the Criterion for the EU Budget Deficit