Bulgaria-Shot Film About Sex Slavery with 2 More Awards in LA
Svetlana's Journey was awarded at the HDFEST 2005 Los Angeles Event. It received the awards in the best short and best drama categories.
The film is the directing debut of Bold and The Beautiful star Michael Cory Davis, and features only Bulgarian actors. It was also shown during the 2005 Hollywood Film Festival.
The film features young Bulgarian star Violeta Markovska, as well as leading-part Maxim Gentchev, Gergana Dzhikelova and Elvira Ivanova.
During his stay in Bulgaria, Michael Cory Davis worked together with the Face to Face organization, dedicated to the fight against forced prostitution. Davis had arrived in the country to star in an action movie, but the cooperation with Face to Face inspired him to direct his own film, based on a true story.
Svetlana's journey was shown to the Bulgarian audience last December.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 818 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Increase in Offenders using Electric Scooters
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1024 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Sofia Municipality introduces "Optional" Stops on 9 Lines of Public Transport from Today
- » German Health Minister: EU may allow Combined COVID vaccines from September
- » Bulgaria: Quarantine of those Infected with COVID-19 is Likely to be Reduced