Ananova: Asteroid Named after Bulgarian Gypsy Azis
The asteroid, which was spotted in the Taurus constellation, is likely to get the name Azis.
A team of Bulgarian astronomers have discovered the minor planet, with the help of scientists from Spain and the UK.
Bulgaria's scientists suggested the name Azis because of the singer's tremendous popularity in the country, Ananova says.
The agency explains that Azis is a controversial figure in the conservative country as he is openly homosexual.
Indeed, the Roma performer is famous for his pompous feminine costumes and the series of plastic surgeries he had, including liposuction and penis enhancement.
The past summer Azis attracted extra attention by running for an MP post. He was campaigning for the Evroroma faction, which consequently failed to enter Parliament.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Polar Explorers are soon leaving for Antarctica
- » WHO: The Omicron Variant could Worsen the Situation in Europe
- » Prof. Iva Hristova: Not a single Case of Omicron has been Registered in Bulgaria yet
- » North Macedonia held a Funeral for the 45 Victims of the Bus Crash that occurred in Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain will Continue in some areas of the Country, Snow in the Mountains
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Slight Increase in New Cases in the Last 24h