Riots Spread Outside Paris
Politics | November 4, 2005, Friday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
The violence that wracked Paris suburbs over the past week spread to new areas outside the capital for the first time. Police said more than 160 cars were torched in the Paris region and 33 in the provinces, but the night seemed calmer than Thursday when 315 vehicles were burnt in the Ile-de-France region around the capital. One of the worst incidents took place at Neuilly-sur-Marne where police vans came under fire from pellet pistols, but nobody was hurt. The riots were sparked last week by the accidental electrocution of two teenagers who had hidden in an electrical sub-station to escape a police identity check in the suburb at the epicentre of the troubles, Clichy-sous-Bois.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Digital Card Guides Volunteers in 'Let's Clean Bulgaria Together' Campaign
- » Parking Lot at the Vasil Levski Stadium Metro Station Will be Open Within 2 Weeks
- » The US and Romania Will Work to Strengthen Defense in NATO's Eastern Flank
- » Will There be a Public-Private Partnership in Cybersecurity?
- » The Deadline For Submitting Bids For Cleaning Companies in Sofia Expires
- » Bulgaria and Jordan Will Deepen their Cooperation in the Security, Counter Radicalization and Terrorism Fields