Iraqi Violence Continues To Escalate
World | September 19, 2005, Monday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
A car bomb explosion at a market near Baghdad on Saturday killed more than 30 people and wounded many others. The explosion was caused by a car, parked near a stall in the middle of the square and it was not a suicide bombing attack, a police spokesman said. The victims were taken to Baghdad's al-Kindi hospital, many of them transported in trucks and minivans. Nearly 250 people, mostly Shia Muslims, have been killed in insurgent attacks throughout the country over the past four days. The safety of hundreds of others is in a great danger. The reason is the start of a religious festival in the holy city of Kabala, south of Baghdad on Monday. Iraq is set to vote on the country's new constitution in an October referendum.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Process of Ratification of the Name of Macedonia Begins
- » Majority of People in UK DON'T Want a Second Referendum According to New Poll
- » Syria: 'Huge Explosion' Rocks Damascus
- » Berlusconi to Run For the European Parliament Elections
- » US to Begin Nuclear Treaty Pullout Next Month
- » Tsipras Survives Confidence Vote
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)