UNDP Praises Social Activity of Bulgarian Women
This data place the Balkan country 29th among 177 countries worldwide in the 2005 Human Development Report of the UNDP, released on Wednesday in New York.
Bulgaria has ranked 55th in the overall 2005 Human Development Index, which measures quantifiable living standards.
The annual report surveys a total of 177 countries worldwide examining the progress made towards the Millennium Development Goals as set by the United Nations, and advocates for strengthening three interrelated pillars of international cooperation: aid, trade and security.
Bulgaria is assessed in the group of Central and Eastern Europe, as well as the CIS countries, where top human development index was assigned to Slovenia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian President: Our Language will continue to Unite us as a Nation
- » Bulgarian PM with School Memories: It was very Difficult for me to Learn Russian
- » The Pope to Bulgaria’s PM: Corruption is a Disease and You Can Eradicate it
- » Bulgaria – North Macedonia: No Progress in the Work of the Joint Historical Commission
- » Speaker of Parliament: Right now, Bulgaria is Not Preparing to Lift the Veto over North Macedonia
- » Investigative Journalist: No Parties and Individuals in Bulgaria are Associated with Kremlin and Russian Propaganda