IXth Century Monastery Remains Unearthed in Bulgaria
The arches are the only ones that have remained from the monastery constructions of the Middle Ages, experts claim. The new findings prove that in the early stages of the Middle Ages the Bulgarians were able to compete the Byzantines in that kind of construction works.
Archaeologists say that the monastery in Karaach Tepe is the biggest spiritual center North eastern Bulgaria. For nearly 3 century it has witnessed the translation of many clerical books. The 40 hasps and the seals discovered have proved that.
The scientists believe that some of the students of the brothers Cyrill and Methodius might have worked in that monastery.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Students celebrate December 8
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 204 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Cloudy and Foggy in Bulgaria today, Temperatures up to 15 Degrees
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 208 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Fog in the Plains, daytime Temperatures up to 12 degrees
- » Bulgaria: Book Fair in Sofia