55 Die in Plane Crash in Equatorial Guinea
World | July 17, 2005, Sunday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
A Russian-made plane believed to have been carrying 55 passengers and crew has crashed deep in a forest in Equatorial Guinea. All people aboard are believed dead as the plane crashed shortly after takeoff from the capital Malabo, the government said on Sunday. "No one survived - the plane was destroyed", Information Minister and government spokesman Alfonso Nsue Mokuy said. Until teams reached the site on Sunday, the government had been unable to say whether anyone might have survived the crash. The plane, owned by local company Equatair, was heading from Malabo, on the Atlantic island of Bioko, to Bata, on the mainland section of the central African country.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Protesters Call For Czech Prime Minister Andrej Babis' Resignation
- » Eight UN Peacekeepers Killed in Eastern DR Congo
- » EU Calls an Extraordinary Meeting on Brexit
- » Germany Welcomes Draft Brexit Deal
- » Ognian Zlatev, EC: Romania Took a Step Back on Important Topics, EC Adds 8 more Recommendations
- » High Prices For Conversations with Other EU Countries Will be Limited
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)