35-Century-Old Gold Unearthed in Bulgaria
The team, headed by Nikolay Ovcharov discovered the semi-sphere gold artifact during excavation near the village of Tatul.
The 23-carat gold dates back to 15-14th century BC, archeologists revealed.
The unique find could be a part of a ritual leather mask or chest decoration fragment.
The archeologists launched Tatul expedition a week ago. According to scientific theories this is the place where the mythical musician Orpheus was buried.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Author Zdravka Evtimova's Sci-Fi Novel Hits American Shelves
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly Mix - Rain, Snow, and Clouds Dominate December 8
- » Tackling Bulgaria's Digital Literacy Gap: Minister's Urgent Call to Action
- » Georgi Gospodinov's 'Time Shelter' Enters New York University's Literary Canon
- » Bulgarian Double Transplant Recipient Conquers Mount Kilimanjaro’s Peak
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 198 New Cases in the Last 24 hours