Culture Ministry Funds Thracian Excavations
A total of BGN 100,000 will be dished out from the ministry's budget to be added to already granted BGN 50,000, Culture and Tourism Minister Nina Chilova announced on Wednesday.
Yet the Regional Development Ministry will fund the construction of local infrastructure with another BGN 2 M to improve the access to the ancient historic sites at the Valley of the Kings.
The tomb at the Goljamata Kosmatka site has revealed one of richest Thracian tombs known from the times of Antiquity.
It was later identified to have belonged to the mighty Thracian King Seutus III. One of the tomb's chambers contained a bronze helmet, a delicate two-handled gold drinking cup and three amphorae as well as ten spears, a sword, a round shield and leg armour.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Boyko Borissov will not be an MP in the New Bulgarian Parliament
- » Bulgaria: Parts of Kapitan Andreevo Border Checkpoint declared a National Security Object
- » It’s Official: 7 Parties enter the 48th National Assembly in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s President: The Voters clearly told the Politicians that Dialogue is Needed
- » “Democratic Bulgaria” wants Military Aid for Ukraine in the first days of the New Parliament
- » Bulgaria: "Vazrazhdane" will Not Support a Cabinet with a Мandate from another party