Residents on Protest against Bansko Ski Zone Project
The EBRD, having 20% equity in Bulgaria's First Investment Bank, finances a major project for the construction of a ski zone in the area of Bansko.
According to protestors coming mainly from various ecological organisations, the project comes into breach with Bulgarian and international law, as well as with the EBRD's Environmental Procedures.
They fear the major investment and urbanization of the mountainous area will affect the natural balance, pollution and shortage of water, erosion and obliteration of virgin woods to result in the loss of local biodiversity.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Economy Minister: I will Approve All Arms Deals that are OK. I cannot Restrict Exports to any Country
- » Former Economy Minister: Bulgaria must hold Immediate Negotiations with "Gazprom"
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker PM urged the Police: Stop the War on the Roads!
- » Fifty People Protested in front of the Bulgarian Embassy in Skopje
- » The Ministry of Transport will Manage "Bulgarian Posts"
- » Foreign Minister: Joining the OECD is Bulgaria's most Serious Integration Effort after the EU and NATO