Sofia Moves to Ratify EU Treaty
Addressing the prime minister, cabinet members, MPs and religious leaders, Parliament speaker Borislav Velikov said that this day would be a landmark in the Bulgarian history.
"The ratification of the Treaty is the most crucial legislative act since the 1991 inauguration of the Constitution," Velikov said.
The ratification would need the vote of two-thirds of the MPs in order to be successful.
The bill for it was submitted during Tuesday's session by Prime Minister Simeon Saxe-Coburg.
Bulgaria hopes to become a full member of the EU on January 1, 2007. The country shares its target date with neighbour Romania.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM: Bulgaria is a Sovereign State. Russia should De-Escalate
- » Russia's Foreign Ministry: NATO forces Must be Withdrawn from Bulgaria and Romania
- » Spain has sent Warships to the Black Sea and is Preparing Fighter Jets for Bulgaria
- » President of North Macedonia: Kiril Petkov is a Non-Traditional Politician and Optimist in Politics
- » Bulgarian President Rumen Radev and VP Iliana Yotova were Sworn In for their Second Term
- » Bulgarian PM on North Macedonia: In a Few Days we Achieved more than in Recent Years