Bulgaria Approaches Tripoli over Trade Embargo
Bulgarian officials in Tripoli have sent a diplomatic note asking for further information on the statement, made by an anonymous governmental official as quoted by Reuters on Tuesday.
According to the official, Libya intends to make this step as a response to what the country calls Sofia's failure to take responsibility for the infection of hundreds of Libyan children with the HIV virus.
Bulgaria's Envoy to Tripoli Zdravko Velchev is expecting a response and an appointment for a meeting with high-ranking government officials to discuss the bilateral relations between the two countries.
Tripoli blames the spread of deadly disease on five Bulgarian nurses and a Palestinian doctor, who were convicted last year of deliberately infecting more than 400 children at a hospital in Benghazi. They insist they are innocent and that the only evidence against them were confessions extracted under torture.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: There is Real Danger that within 3-4 years We will Not be Able to Carry Out our Combat Duty Alone
- » Former Bulgarian PM: It would be Tragic to Give Up Liquefied Gas and Pay in Rubles
- » Bulgaria is 67th in terms of Military Power. Who in the World is First?
- » Bulgaria’s President: An Active Information Campaign is Needed for the Machine Vote
- » Bulgaria: The Ministry of Economy will Unblock Arms Exports for BGN 1 Billion
- » Priorities of the Ministry of Internal Affairs: The Fight against Vote Buying, Road Safety and Domestic Crime