Bulgaria Marks Anniversary of Space "Greenhouse"
Under it, cosmonauts working on the Russian orbital spaceship "Mir" are able to grow by themselves fresh vegetables.
The first spatial greenhouse left for "Mir" in 1990 and grew their first "special" salads, Dr Tanya Ilieva, director of Bulgaria's Space Research Institute.
Bulgaria joined the scientific research of open space in 1969 and now ranks sixth in the world as per cosmonauts sent there - Georgi Ivanov and Alexander Alexandrov.
The Balkan country comes next to spatial giants US and Russia in the development and production of spatial foods. Moreover, Bulgaria has fully equipped two Earth satellites - Intercosmos and Meteor-Priroda.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 292 New Cases on July 11 in 4540 PCR Tests
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 10: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures Up to 34 Degrees
- » Anti-Record: 330 Newly Registered Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks the 170th Anniversary of the Birth of Ivan Vazov
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Education: Three Scenarios For Starting The New School Year