John Paul II Canonization Could Happen in October - Archbishop
Talking to the daily Corriere della Sera Polish-born Nowak said that six months could be enough time to attribute the required two miracles to John Paul II.
Catholic News Agency comments that only miracles occurring after his death would count toward his sainthood.
An eventual speedy canonization of the pope would waive the current procedure under which the process for beatification begin only five years after a person's death.
Pope John Paul II himself started the process for canonization of Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta only a year and a half after her death.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Breaking News: Bulgaria's PM Borissov Calls for Convening Grand National Assembly and Changes to the Constitution, Plans to Resign Afterwards
- » Moscow With a Warning About the Redeployment of American Troops in Europe
- » Lawyer Sent a Signal to the State Agency for Child Protection Against Prime Minister Borissov
- » Presecutors Investigate the Italian PM and Other Members of His Government Over How They Handled the COVID-19 Crisis
- » Israel And The United Arab Emirates Have Reached a Historic Agreement
- » Former Vice-Chairman of GERB Tsvetanov Founding "Republicans for Bulgaria" on August 27th