Croatia's EU Talks Hinged on Hague War Tribunal
Politics | February 12, 2005, Saturday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
EU scheduled entry talks with Croatia will start only if the country cooperates in the Hague war crimes tribunal, according to Luxembourg's Prime Minister. Jean-Claude Juncker, whose country holds the rotating presidency of the EU, was speaking on behalf of the whole bloc after meeting the tribunal's chief prosecutor, Carla del Ponte. Referring to the arrest of indicted general General Ante Gotovina, she slammed Croatia for not doing enough to turn him over to the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia. Croatia is scheduled to start entry talks on March 17.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » What did Bulgarians Google in 2018?
- » Bulgarian Parliament Votes on First Reading to Remove Numbers from Election Ballots
- » Ivaylo Ivanov Nominated for Bulgarian Interior Ministry Secretary General
- » Chair of the Union of Road Hauliers in Bulgaria: Mobility Package is a Blow to our Economy
- » The MFA Opened a Hot Phone Line Due to the Strasbourg Attack
- » Bulgaria Invests in its T-72 Tanks
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)