Croatia's EU Talks Hinged on Hague War Tribunal
Politics | February 12, 2005, Saturday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
EU scheduled entry talks with Croatia will start only if the country cooperates in the Hague war crimes tribunal, according to Luxembourg's Prime Minister. Jean-Claude Juncker, whose country holds the rotating presidency of the EU, was speaking on behalf of the whole bloc after meeting the tribunal's chief prosecutor, Carla del Ponte. Referring to the arrest of indicted general General Ante Gotovina, she slammed Croatia for not doing enough to turn him over to the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia. Croatia is scheduled to start entry talks on March 17.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » RSF Condemns the Arrest of Two Investigative Journalists in Bulgaria
- » Heating Prices in Sofia will Rise by About 8% from October 1
- » Border police: Heavy Traffic on Kulata, Kapitan Andreevo and Lesovo Checkpoints
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria Visited Headquarters of MRF Party
- » Bulgaria Shows Great Interest in Azerbaijan's Global Projects
- » Former Prime Minister: Bulgaria's Government Instability is a Fact, but there is no Serious Alternative
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)