Zarqawi "Nabbed" in Iraq
Al-Zarqawi, leader of the terrorist group Al-Tawhid Wa'al-Jihad, was recently named leader of the Al-Qaeda organisation in Iraq.
The al-Bayane newspaper's correspondent in Baghdad pointed out that a report on the seizure of the terrorist, on whom the US put a bounty of USD 10 M, was also reported by Iraqi Kurdistan radio.There have been no official reports about the arrest of the terrorist.
Al-Zarqawi, 38, a Jordanian, whose real name is Ahmad al-Khalayleh, aims to turn Iraq into a "new Afghanistan". According to Arab press data, Al-Tawhid Wa'al-Jihad group has divided Iraq into several emirates. The group's independent subdivisions at strength of 50 to 500 militants operate in the cities of Al-Falluja, Al-Qaim, Diala, and Samarra.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Justice Minister: Bulgaria has every chance to become part of Schengen on December 8
- » The Most Cyberattacks against Bulgaria come from Russia
- » "Bulgarian Rise" is ready to Support a Government - It proposes a Cabinet of Experts
- » The Bulgarian Cultural and Information Center moved to Downtown Skopje
- » The Bulgarian Parliament ratified the Contract for the Acquisition of 8 more F-16 Fighter Jets
- » Bulgaria’s MFA handed a Note of Protest to the Ambassador of North Macedonia after the Shooting in Ohrid