Bulgaria Prepares Reduced Iraq Troops
The fourth battalion to take over the coalition peacekeeping mission of Bulgaria from the previous unit will consist of some 430 soldiers instead of 483, as is the current number of staff.
Minister Svinarov attended the last-before-leave tactical drill of the fourth infantry unit held in the Marino Pole training field, where conditions close to those in Iraq were being exercised.
Before leaving for Iraq, in the new Eko base in Diwaniya, the fourth battalion will receive its mission certification November 8-12.
Meanwhile, the Army Staff announced that Bulgarian unit's vanguard and first echelon have already completed Iraq redeployment from Karbala to Diwaniya.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: How much will the April 2 Elections Cost?
- » Bulgaria’s President instructed the New Cabinet: Fight against Poverty
- » US Ambassador: The Ties between the American and Bulgarian People have Never Been Stronger
- » The Economist: Democracy in Bulgaria has the Worst Result in 16 years
- » 5 Caretaker Governments out of a Total of 9 in the History of Bulgaria belong to President Radev
- » Bulgaria: What was said in the Last Working Day of the 48th National Assembly