More Ancient Gold Sees Sunlight in Bulgaria
Members of the expedition, organized by the National History Museum, admitted that each day some 10-15 new items have been discovered, including gold applications for clothing, beads, rings and many other objects, some of which with unclear purpose.
Archeologists believe they have found an ancient jewelry workshop, where exclusively fine pieces of highest quality were produced.
The gold pieces, found in an area of about 50 sq m, are dated to the end of 4000 - the beginning of 3000 BC, which means that they are about 3,000 years older than the Thracian gold treasures recently unearthed by the team of Dr Georgi Kitov near Kazanlak.
The exact site of excavations, headed by Prof Dr Vassil Nikolov, will be kept in secret till the end of the expedition.
Only few gold jewels of this kind have been found in Bulgaria so far.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Another Day Another Group of Migrants Detained in Bulgaria: 10 caught near Iganovo
- » Record Price Increase of Building Materials in Bulgaria: Families are waiting for Repairs for Months
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 183 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Protests against sending Arms to Ukraine are expected all over Bulgaria
- » Another Chase with Illegal Migrants in Bulgaria: This time a Bus Crashed near Chirpan
- » Bulgaria: Every Tenth Woman has been a Victim of Violence at least once