More Ancient Gold Sees Sunlight in Bulgaria
Members of the expedition, organized by the National History Museum, admitted that each day some 10-15 new items have been discovered, including gold applications for clothing, beads, rings and many other objects, some of which with unclear purpose.
Archeologists believe they have found an ancient jewelry workshop, where exclusively fine pieces of highest quality were produced.
The gold pieces, found in an area of about 50 sq m, are dated to the end of 4000 - the beginning of 3000 BC, which means that they are about 3,000 years older than the Thracian gold treasures recently unearthed by the team of Dr Georgi Kitov near Kazanlak.
The exact site of excavations, headed by Prof Dr Vassil Nikolov, will be kept in secret till the end of the expedition.
Only few gold jewels of this kind have been found in Bulgaria so far.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Health Minister: The Green Certificate for post-illness remains
- » Bulgarian PM: I guarantee that the schools will close last
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 4389 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Arriving in Bulgaria: Children aged 12 to 18 from Red Zone countries must present a PCR test
- » Highest mortality in the EU: 88% more deaths in November in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Doctor: There are many children infected with Omicron