Bulgaria Commemorates Aviation First Steps
It was on the far date of October 16, 1912, during the Balkan War, when Bulgarian pilots Radul Milkov and Prodan Tarakchiev took on their planes and launched them into military action, for the first time in warfare history. They also took the first aircraft-shot wartime pictures.
Today's pilots, technicians, anti-aircraft gunners and radiolocators, signalmen and rear-servicemen succeed with professional dignity the deeds of their ancestors, reads the official greeting address by President Georgi Parvanov who is also a Supreme Commander of Bulgarian Army.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Russian Diplomat Expelled from Albania for Breach of Anti-Epidemic Measures
- » New US President Will Take Tough Stand on Russia
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Comments on Key Takeaways from EC Online Meeting
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Still Warm and Quiet
- » US Ambassador H.E. Herro Mustafa: Joe Biden Is Unifier, Bulgaria Is Our Important Ally
- » Diplomatic Scandal Arising Between EU and UK