Bulgaria Commemorates Aviation First Steps
It was on the far date of October 16, 1912, during the Balkan War, when Bulgarian pilots Radul Milkov and Prodan Tarakchiev took on their planes and launched them into military action, for the first time in warfare history. They also took the first aircraft-shot wartime pictures.
Today's pilots, technicians, anti-aircraft gunners and radiolocators, signalmen and rear-servicemen succeed with professional dignity the deeds of their ancestors, reads the official greeting address by President Georgi Parvanov who is also a Supreme Commander of Bulgarian Army.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Boyko Borissov will not be an MP in the New Bulgarian Parliament
- » Bulgaria: Parts of Kapitan Andreevo Border Checkpoint declared a National Security Object
- » It’s Official: 7 Parties enter the 48th National Assembly in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s President: The Voters clearly told the Politicians that Dialogue is Needed
- » “Democratic Bulgaria” wants Military Aid for Ukraine in the first days of the New Parliament
- » Bulgaria: "Vazrazhdane" will Not Support a Cabinet with a Мandate from another party