Bulgarian Land Unveils Unique Thracian Tomb
The archeological team's head Georgi Kitov, called also Bulgaria's "Indiana Jones" explained that the excavations have revealed a 13-metre long passage and two halls walled up with stones behind the faзade.
The tomb has amazed archeologists with its first-of-the-kind doors made of marble and decorated with human figures, iron nail imitations and blue-end-red sculptural ornaments.
Further on, the first chamber showed up in a rectangular and vaulted form where a horse skeleton was found.
The archeologists from the TEMP 2004 expedition have now reached in front of a sealed second chamber, which they will try to open.
During the eexcavations of the Golyamata Kosmatka mound Georgi Kitov unearthed the impressive bronze head of supposedly a Thrachian ruler believed to be a craftswork of renowned ancient sculpturer Phidias.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Another Day Another Group of Migrants Detained in Bulgaria: 10 caught near Iganovo
- » Record Price Increase of Building Materials in Bulgaria: Families are waiting for Repairs for Months
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 183 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Protests against sending Arms to Ukraine are expected all over Bulgaria
- » Another Chase with Illegal Migrants in Bulgaria: This time a Bus Crashed near Chirpan
- » Bulgaria: Every Tenth Woman has been a Victim of Violence at least once