Militant Group Beheads Iraqi - Video
The Al-Qaeda-linked terror network Ansar al-Sunna (Defenders of the Tradition) posted the video on its internet site, which shows a group of men beheading a hostage after identifying as an Iraqi who has collaborated with the US forces.
In the footage from the group the man identified as Iraqi national Barea Nafea Dawoud Ibrahim.
"I have set up three telecommunications networks for the Iraqi National Guard. I have been working in Taji since June 2004," the man told the camera. He was wearing an access badge issued by the U.S. forces around his neck.
Ansar al-Sunna is an outgrowth of Ansar al-Islam (Defenders of Islam), a group with ties to Iran and which administration officials have linked to al-Qaeda. Initially operating under the moniker Jund al-Islam (Soldiers of Islam), Ansar al-Islam grew out of the September 2001 unification of several militant Islamist groups which had taken root in the mountains of northern Iraq along the Iranian border.
Ansar al-Sunna militant group claimed responsibility for the slaughter of twelve Nepalese construction workers at the beginning of September.
The same group beheaded last month three Iraqi Kurds who were members of the Kurdistan Democratic Party.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Angela Merkel Decision's is Firm - She Will Not Stand for Re-Election
- » 14-Day Quarantine for Persons Arriving in Bulgaria from Northern Macedonia, No Quarantine for Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro
- » 14-Day Quarantine for Arriving in UK after June 8
- » European Commission: Bulgaria Has No Legal Criteria for the Minimum Wages
- » Kosovo with New Government and PM Avdullah Hoti
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov: The State of Emergency Expires on June 15 and All Measures Must be Lifted