Bronze Zeus Surprises Bulgaria
BTA news agency sited archaeologist Georgi Kitov, head of the TEMP 2004 expedition, as saying that the bronze head was disclosed Tuesday evening.
The head was found under a stone in highland mound near the city of Shipka, just a few meters away from the place where another Thracian treasure was found.
A gold mask, weighting half a kilo and made of pure gold, alongside a ring, were discovered in August by Kitov's team. The unique mask is believed to have belonged to the first recorded Odrissi triber's ruler Teres.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Improved Pfizer Vaccine, which will Affect Omicron, will be Ready No Earlier than March
- » Studies in the United States Point to the Need for a Third Dose of Covid Vaccine
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and Cold with Max. Temperatures between Minus 3°C and 2°C
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 6630 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Doctor: Masks are like Condoms - they are Put On because they Work
- » Bulgarian Doctor: A Peak of Cardiovascular Diseases Awaits Us