Shells Fired near Bulgarians in Iraq
The shells exploded outside the base, causing no casualties or damages.
Following the latest tragic incidents with Polish soldiers on Thursday Bulgarian Defense Minister Nikolay Svinarov warned of escalating tension in the restless city of Karbala. Two Polish troops were killed and five injured when their patrol was attacked near their Babylon base in the southern part of the country.
Bulgaria is contributing a nearly 500-strong light infantry unit under Polish commandment within the multinational forces deployed in the south-center part of Iraq.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Election Campaign Started Today
- » The European Commission Received the Recovery Plan from Bulgaria. What's Next?
- » The Election Campaign for the November 14th Parliamentary and Presidential Elections has Begun
- » CEC Demonstrated how Bulgarians will Vote in the November 2 in 1 Elections
- » CEC Confirmed the Decision of REC-Stara Zagora to Refuse to Register Democratic Bulgaria
- » Anti-Smuggling Action Unleashed Clashes in Northern Kosovo