Iraq Brings Back Capital Punishment
Politics | August 8, 2004, Sunday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Iraq reinstated on Sunday its capital punishment law for people guilty of murder, endangering national security and distributing drugs. The move came a day after Interim Prime Minister Iyad Allawi signed an amnesty law that would pardon Iraqi insurgents who have carried out "minor crimes" such as possession of weapons and explosives. Capital punishment was suspended during the U.S. occupation by Iraq's then-U.S. administrator, L. Paul Bremer.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » According to the Bulgarian Government it is Realistic to have the Hemus Highway Ready by 2024
- » The Orthodox Church Celebrates the Palm Sunday
- » 6 Iran-Bulgaria Cooperation Deals Signed
- » Targovishte Municipality is the most Transparent Institution in Bulgaria
- » What are the Electoral Attitudes in Bulgaria Before the Start of the European Election Campaign?
- » Liliana Pavlova: The Key to What Europe We Want is in the Hands of Young People