Bulgarian Beheading Video on the Net
The al-Tawhid wal Jihad terror group that abducted two Bulgarians in Iraq threatened to publish on its Internet site the video showing the beheading of one of the hostages.
"Await for a video with the execution of the Bulgarian unbeliever" reads the Tawhid wal Jihad Internet site cited by the Bulgarian National Radio.
A picture with a militant holding a severed bloody head is also published. The man is standing in front of the terror group flag with a Sunni-style slogan "There is no other God besides Allah."
The text says it is a warning to the allies of US President Bush, "the fool whom those obey and ally with".
It also says that Bulgarian government declined to bow to the "lawful" claims of the mujaheddines. That government is an ally of the Americans and is taking part in the crusade against Iraq, the statement also reads at the web site(http://www.hostinganime.com/iraqnews1/ ).
Bulgarian truck drivers Ivaylo Kepov, 32, and Georgi Lazov, 30, were abducted June 29 near the northern city of Mosul. A group affiliated with al-Zarqawi said it kidnapped the Bulgarians and demanded Iraqi detainees be released in exchange for their lives. The group later sent a tape to Al-Jazeera television that showed Lazov being killed. His death was official confirmed last Thursday.
Kepov's fate is still not clear though Bulgarian media cited Thursday an Iraqi official who said that the Bulgarian is dead and his body has been found.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » India: A Pigeon Has Been Arrested And Accused of Being a Pakistani Spy
- » Ministry of Labor and Social Policy: BGN 1 Million for Computers to Socially Disadvantaged Children in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Zaharieva: Full Recovery of the Movement in the EU from June 15
- » Trump to the Governors: “Most of You are Weak”
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Italy's Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio: Don't Treat Italy like a Leper Colony